Mardi Richmond, MA, CPDT-KA, CC
Bringing out the best in your dog
with kind, gentle and effective training.
Welcome! Are you looking for help training your dog? You've come to the right place.
- Puppy Head Start including puppy home visits and puppy classes
- Group classes for older puppies and adult dogs
- Private lessons and behavior consults
What can you expect from training with Mardi?
From puppy socials to teaching life skills to solving behavior problems, I offer private lessons and classes that are fun, supportive and get results. I start with:
- Effective, science-based methods. We make training a positive experience so your dog will want to listen and work for you!
- Small classes. This means plenty of personalized attention for each dog and handler.
- A safe and respectful learning environment. I want to make sure both the dog and handler get what they need from our training program.
Plus, my years of experience mean I have a lot of tools in my training tool belt! We can find solutions for your challenges.
Do I use food in training?
Yes, we do use food, toys, play and other things your dog finds rewarding to jump-start learning and to make training enjoyable for both the dog and handler.
I am a force-free trainer.
That means that I do not use manipulation, intimidation, coercion, or pain in training. I do not use choke chains, pinch collars or shock collars.
Newsletter, blog and more...
Learn more about dogs, behavior and training through my blog, Ruffly Speaking. More > Check out the free articles and training tips section. More >
Positive results from positive training!