What are your top reasons for training your dog? Here are my top 5!
1. Your dog will be happier. When dogs are trained, they generally get to spend more time with their families at home and more time enjoying on-leash and off-leash activities away from home.
2. You may be happier too. Your dog will learn to make good choices (so you don’t have to intervene when she makes the bad ones).
3. Your communication skills will grow stronger. Training is all about communication between you and your dog. It is helping your dog understand and want to do what you would like him to do. It is also about you gaining the skills to understand what your dog is saying to you.
4. Training can build trust. Through training, your dog will learn to trust that you have her best interests at heart. You will also gain trust (and respect!) for who your dog is.
5. Training strengthens our bond. When you are using positive reinforcement training methods, training is fun! What could be better than playing with your dog while you are helping her learn better manners?!
Did you know January is National Train Your Dog Month? Why not celebrate by signing up for one of my new classes?