Private Training Is Personalized Training!
Please Note: We are seeing private training clients following Covid-19 precautions. However, our private training calendar is currently full. I’m sorry I can’t help at this time! Feel free to visit our Other Dog Pros page to find other great positive reinforcement trainers in our area!
Training at Home for Your Dog’s Age and Stage
Basics to advanced
- Puppy socialization and training
- Adolescent dogs
- Adult dogs and newly adopted dogs
- Sit, down, stay, come, leash manners, jumping up, mouthing, leave it and more
Private Training Programs:
Choose from the programs below.
Each program is $650 (a $100 savings from our base rate).
Programs include 6 one-on-one sessions scheduled approximately one week apart, written handouts and homework, supportive videos, and questions answered via email between sessions.
- Puppy Head Start–help addressing puppy concerns such as house training, crate training, mouthing, chewing, handling for grooming and vet visits, food and object guarding prevention, jumping prevention, and socialization. In addition we will jump start several basic behaviors such as sit, down, and come. Perfect for puppies from 8 to 20 weeks.
- Intro to Life Skills–perfect for older puppies, newly adopted dogs, or any dog with limited training experience. We teach name response, auto-attention, settle on a mat or bed, beginning sit and down stay, beginning come, beginning leash manners, and leave it. These exercises can then be used to help with basic life skills such as polite greetings, settling on a bed, and enjoying walks.
- Rocket Recalls–are you looking for great off leash skills for your dog? If your pup has the skills covered in our Intro to Life Skills program, then you are ready for Rocket Recalls. We focus on coming when called, but also add in distance leave it, and distance stays to this highly successful program. (Please note: this program is perfect for young dogs and socially excitable dogs, but is not geared toward dogs with fear or aggression issues. Please see behavior consults below for help with these challenges.)
- Walk This Way–for some dogs, leash manners come naturally, but for many others, this is one of the hardest skills to master. Building on the skills in our Intro to Life Skills program, we can help you and your dog both enjoy your walks. We address walking next to you (casual heeling), loose leash sniff walks, and attention around exciting things such as other dogs, bikes, and skateboards. (Please note: this program will address basic reactive behaviors due to over-excitement, but is not geared toward dogs with fear or aggression issues. Please see behavior consults below for help with these challenges.)
Join with one or two of your friends for any of the above programs.
For two dog/handler teams: $360 each ($720 total–a $180 savings from our base rate)
For three dog/handler teams: $240 each ($720 total–a $180 savings from our base rate)
Base Rate for single appointments: $125 per hour
Base Rate for semi-private appointments: $150 per hour
Please Note: My behavior consult calendar is currently full. I am not taking new behavior clients at this time. Please feel free to get in touch with me for a referral if you need help with behavior issues.
We specialize in the following:
- Fearful behaviors
- Leash reactivity
- Under socialized dogs
- Feral Dogs
Rates: Initial evaluation is $150 and lasts approximately 1 hour; follow-up sessions are $125 per hour
Package of 6 follow-up sessions are $650 (a $100 savings)
Behavior issues and modification generally require an initial evaluation and a minimum of two to six follow-up sessions. For complex and more severe issues, additional follow up may be needed. I will be on your team as long as needed.
We can customize the training program to meet your needs and to help with your dog’s specific behavior challenges.
Other things you might want to know:
- I work with all breeds and sizes of dogs (and have experience with most), but I also have a special interest in herding dog breeds.
- All private and semi-private training sessions meet at your home or another agreed upon location
- I offer discounts for low income and for dogs in foster care. Please ask.
Private training and behavior consulting appointments are generally scheduled Tuesday through Friday, 10:30 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. Please note, due to very high demand, I am often scheduling new client appointments 2 to 4 weeks in advance.