We Are Your Puppy Specialists!
We are seeing private training clients following Covid-19 precautions. However, our private training calendar is currently full. I’m sorry I can’t help at this time! Feel free to visit our Other Dog Pros page to locate other great puppy trainers in our area.
Why Puppy Head Start?
Starting early with puppies can help prevent problems later in life. Plus, it can help make the puppy in front of your easier to live with right now!
Early training and socialization can help puppies:
- Learn how to get along with other dogs and become comfortable with people
- Get accustomed to handling and restraint—a skill that can help with grooming, vet visits and more
- Learn to handle a little bit of excitement and stress without falling apart
- Become well-adjusted canine members of our community
- Get a jump-start on basic life skills such as sit, down, wait, come and more
- Prevent fearful and aggressive behaviors that sometimes result from lack of early socialization
Puppy Head Start Training at Your Home
Private puppy training at your home can help you navigate the important first weeks and months with your new pup. At home training is customized to meet your needs but may include how to socialize your pup before he or she has all of his vaccines, puppy biting, chew training, house and potty training, crate training, handling for grooming and vet visits, jumping prevention, and more. We will also get you started on several basic behaviors such as sit, down, and come. Perfect for puppies from 8 to 20 weeks. All family members can be involved in at home training, including children.
Private training at your home is $650 for 6 weeks of at home puppy training (a $100 savings from our base rate).
This program includes:
- 6 one-on-one sessions scheduled approximately one week apart
- Written handouts and homework
- Supportive videos
- Questions answered via email between sessions.
Join with one or two of your friends for semi-private Puppy Head Start at Your Home.
Two dog/handler teams: $360 each ($720 total–a $180 savings off our base rate)
Three dog/handler teams: $240 each ($720 total–a $180 savings off our base rate)
Base Rate for single appointments: $125 per hour
Base Rate for semi-private appointments: $150 per hour
Call or email today to get started.
We are not currently offering group puppy classes. If you are looking for a group puppy class, you might consider contacting Living With Dogs.