Puppy Head Start
Why Puppy Head Start?
Starting early with puppies can help prevent problems later in life. Plus, it can help make the puppy in front of your easier to live with right now!
Early training and socialization can help puppies:
- Learn how to get along with other dogs and not be afraid of people
- Get accustomed to handling and restraint—a skill that can help with grooming, vet visits and more.
- Learn to handle a little bit of excitement and stress without falling apart.
- Become well-adjusted canine members of our community
- Get a jump-start on basic life skills such as sit, down, wait, come and more.
- Prevent fearful and aggressive behaviors that sometimes result from lack of early socialization.
Puppy Head Start Classes
This is an open enrollment class and new puppies can join each week (or as soon as there is an opening in the class)!
You can start after your pup’s second set of vaccines or when your vet says your pup is ready.
Once you join the class, you will continue for 6 consecutive weeks.
Days and Time: Saturday mornings at 9 am.
Location: Scotts Valley
Cost: $150 for 6 weeks of puppy classes
For puppies 11 to 18 weeks old when enrolling; all family members welcome
Class includes socialization with people and other pups, handling exercises, guarding prevention exercises, and basic training such as sit, name response and more. We do include carefully supervised puppy play when we have the right mix of dogs. The last 10 minutes, when the pups are tired, we will have a Q&A on puppy challenges.
Puppy Head Start Training at Your Home
Private puppy training at your home can help you navigate the important first weeks and months with your newpup. At home training is customized to meet your needs but may include how to socialize your pup before he or she has all of his vaccines, puppy biting, chew training, house and potty training, and more. All family members can be included in at home training, including children.
Rates: First session is $150 for 1 to 1.5 hours; follow ups are $100 per hour
Package of 6 follow up sessions: $540 (a $60 savings)
At Home plus Puppy Class Package—Save $50!
Three at home puppy training sessions plus six week puppy class for $450 (a $50 savings).
To schedule an appointment or to learn more about how I can help you and your puppy: call 831-431-0161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.