About Mardi Richmond & Good Dog, Santa Cruz
My name is Mardi Richmond and I am a Certified Professional Dog Trainer and a Certified Behavior Counselor. I have been a student of dog behavior and training for almost 30 years, and have been helping others to train their dogs for about 20 years.
I am committed to helping people create solid, happy, long-term partnerships with their dogs. I believe we can train with respect and consideration for you, your dog and your relationship. My training follows science-based positive reinforcement methods with a focus on cooperation, trust, and communication.
I offer classes for puppies and adults, private training and behavior consulting, and I also write for national dog-related publications such as the Whole Dog Journal and Bark Magazine. I volunteer for a variety of rescue and shelter organizations, primarily working with dogs in foster care that need a little extra help to make them adoptable. I also offer an apprenticeship program for those learning to become professional dog trainers. To learn more about my apprenticeship program, click here.
Summary of Qualifications
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer, Knowledge Assessed
- Graduated SFSPCA Dog Trainers Academy, Certificate in Counseling, with honors
- 20 years experience as a professional trainer
- 22 years as a volunteer trainer with various rescue organizations
- Author of more than 50 articles and one book on dog-related topics
- Continuing education through conferences, seminars, and working with other trainers
- Professional member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers, Pet Professional Guild, South Bay Trainers, and Certified Dog Training Professionals
Helping you bring out the best in your dog with kind, gentle, and effective training methods.
Contact me today if you are looking to train your dog in a fun, supportive environment!